This add-on accessory gives you a convenient place to position your extra cleaning arms within easy reach. You can easily position the holder to your liking, at whatever angle you prefer.
To install the holder, simply position around the Arm Plate wherever you like, and tighten with the included screw.
A Special shout out goes to one of our customers Bill, for requesting an arm holder. Thanks for supporting us and beta testing your idea!
You may never need to replace the foam pads on your VinylBug’s platter or record clamp, but just in case, we have a set of replacements for you. If your’s ever becomes damaged, follow the steps below for a quick replacement. Please be safe with your tools, we don’t want to cut yourself!
How To Use:
1. Use a thin metal scraper or knife, and separate the foam from the plastic base.
2. Clean off any left over foam with your metal scraper, being careful not to damage the plastic.
3. Heat in NOT recommended, as it can damage and warp the plastic platter.
4. Use a spray adhesive safe for foams, and spray the back of the foam. (we use and recommend 3M super 77)
5. Slightly bend the foam as you place it down over the threaded spindle.
6. Use light and even pressure to flatten as needed.
Happy Cleaning! No records left behind!
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback in our beta test of our new drying mesh! We have decided to release this fabric for sale after tests proved this to be a superior option for those Vinylbug users who have multiple arms, and desire a a super-dry record. For those of you using an ultrasonic cleaner for the bulk of your cleaning cycle, this is a good option for a final dry.
So far distilled water seems to provide a very dry record. However you may want to try a water / alcohol mixture if you want to archive or play your records very soon after cleaning. I would still recommend letting you records dry in a rack for a few minutes at least just to be safe. Playing a wet record is never recommended 🙂
Thanks again everyone for your support and feedback!
VinylBug.net is live, however we have a lot of work to do. Thank you for your patience as we get this site up to snuff. You can find out products on Etsy.